Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day 32.

Thought I'd do some stream of consciousness while the rice is cooking.

Good day.  Vin and I got ready for class.  He showered and I put on some clothes.  Two classes.  Screenwriting and directing.  I dozed off for a few minutes and no one knew.  I love Skype.  Now that I think about it....I'm assuming no one knew.

PT discharged me from home visits.  Just for fun, Karla the therapist wanted see if I could sit on my bike and turn the pedals.  I'm content on the rowing machine but since she was curious....
So there we were looking at my road bike on the trainer.  The seat is between  3 and a half and 4 feet off the ground.  She suggested I stand so I could mount by swinging my good leg over the seat but that would mean all my weight would be on my not-so-good-leg for an undetermined amount of time.  Better, I thought, would be swinging my bad leg over  the seat while supporting myself with my good leg except the seat was too high.  Figuring no harm in trying, I swung.  Surprise.  It landed on the other side of the seat.  The rest was easy and before I knew it I was sitting on the seat and turning the pedals.  Even though the seat seemed higher for the dismount than the mount, soon I was headed down the stairs with another feather in my cap.

Today's knee flexion was at 98 degrees.  Up from 87 a week ago and 80 the week before.  The threat of a 'manipulation'* has me working on flexion 2-3 hours a day.

We went to the coop for groceries tonight.  That's right...WE.  

*you are put under a general anesthetic and the surgeon applies pressure to the knee to break loose the scar tissue and adhesions that are preventing bending the knee






No comments:

Post a Comment