Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 11.


All week I'd been fretting about how I was going to get from the house to the car for today's follow-up appointment so we had our plow guy destroy our winter wonderland by plowing an ugly strip from our parking area to the front door.  Vince drove up to the house so I could back into the backseat with my legs straight out in front of me and begin worrying about how I would get out of the car and into the clinic.  I think I'm more anxious about things than I used to be.

The appointment was fine.  Most of my stitches came out pretty easily.  I'm healing normally (even though I was sure 'something was horribly wrong') and I was forced to get out of the house.

I was hoping that after today's appointment I'd know for sure if I'd (we'd) be able to go back to school but I don't.  Thinking about it, I can't even imagine how I would get to my classes.  Then a lot of the semester is actual shooting and crewing which is a ton of moving quickly and oddly.  A broken bone like this takes 3-6 months to heal no matter what so I'm thinking I may have to get used to the idea of watching the groomer go by here a couple extra weeks.  I don't think there is a fun option. 

Trying to think of some way to turn this down time into an opportunity, I remembered my friend Linda saying that once in a while she gets the urge to clean up her computer but then figures it would a good thing to do if she ever broke her leg.  Sounds like now's the time.

Tonight we watched 3 episodes of Breaking Bad.  I read, did some knitting and now I'm going to bed (whatever that means...I'm in bed all day) with a fire in the fireplace.  Could be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment