Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day 18.

Vin put my x-rays on his facebook page and someone gave it one of those thumbs up 'like' icons.

PT is going well but you know what's really hard?  Leg lifts.  I was worried at first, of course, that there was something really wrong and the PA assured me that that's what happens when someone slices through your muscles to get to your bone and that they'll get easier.

The main difference between getting 2 new knees and breaking a hip is:
With 2 new knees I was going up stairs on day 1 and riding the indoor trainer on day 12.
With a broken hip I'm at day 18 and complaining about leg lifts.



Looking at the pink couch in the living room all day everyday again this year is making me crazy.  Sure, it's cheerful but I've had enough cheer and after about 2000 hours (two winters) of involuntarily starring at that couch I've redone the whole living room in my head.  My grand plan includes built in bookshelves, new paint and slipcovers (in my head) but it's the rug (also in my head) I'm psyched about.  Look.  It's colorful and neutral at the same time.  Perfect for someone that can't make up her mind.
The new rug in my head.


Spent the day doing a final edit of my new film 'SAM', starring Vince O'Connell, for the Vermont premier tomorrow night. 
 
The average hospital stay for a broken hip is a week and I was out in 3 days. 'like'

No comments:

Post a Comment