Sunday, January 20, 2013

Day 30.

One of the things on today's 'to do' list is to do a post so I'll make it quick.  Fill you in on some details of the world's fastest hip recovery.

Our rowing machine is upstairs so I put my laptop in a backpack with a pair of head phones, walked up, alternating steps, (as opposed to the two feet on one step I'd been doing) and watched the first eleven minutes from episode 1 of 'Freaks and Geeks' for the millionth time (such a bummer it was canceled after 18 episodes...in my opinion) while rowing.  No 'Citizen Kane' for me.  Tomorrow I'm going to see what happens when I do fifteen minutes which should get me to the homecoming dance scene.

NEWS FLASH.         NEWS FLASH.            NEWS FLASH.            NEWS FLASH.  
Hanging on to Tina the therapist's arm, I WALKED WITHOUT CRUTCHES.

My one month follow up with the surgeon is Thursday.  I'll go in for an x-ray and they'll as me if there is any chance I'm pregnant.

Monday I start pool therapy with Vinny the therapist...deja vu.

Watching our Ohio classroom from our Vermont classroom.

Our Vermont classroom has windows and the Ohio classroom doesn't.

Ohio and School
Feeling like we're at the forefront of technology,  we've skyped a 'Production' and an 'Editing' class.  Odd, how it feels like we're physically there.  We showed them Max and our view.   Reconnecting with the class*, even if it is just through Skype, makes me a little excited to go back.  We were feeling pretty disengaged and we don't anymore.

Back when I told my advisor about the hip and he said "don't worry, we'll work with you" I think he meant "don't worry about classes, you can just jump in when you get back".  I know he was just trying to do us a favor and probably just forgot that Vince and I are actually there to get the info and skills...not so much the degree.  I'm not passing judgement when I say it's different for our classmates who need a degree for their careers (and I used to jump up and down when classes were canceled too)

Nel, the Christmas Cactus.
Since we were planning on a 3 week Vermont stay when we left Ohio, I gave Nel** a 3 week watering and told her we'd see her soon.  Plans changed, so I sent our new Athens friend, Heidi, a key and she carries water over (we turned the water off when we left) once a week for Nel.

News from Arizona.
Dad painted his bedroom.  Blue.  Said it looks 'real nice'.  Uncle Roy did it even though he didn't paint the trim because he was too shaky.  Aunt Marlene had to do it.  Anyway, you know how people obsess about paint colors?  I asked Dad who picked out the color.  Roy.  Dad had him pick it up at the hardware store from the sale table of paint that was mixed incorrectly.  "$7 a gallon and it's usually 35."

*age doesn't seem to make a difference even though one of our classmates has never heard of Seinfeld.
**Vin's mom, Nel, gave us a Christmas Cactus cutting years ago and we carry that cactus with us everywhere...just not to Vermont this one time.




No comments:

Post a Comment