Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 23


Instead of dwelling on not being able to ski the whole winter I'm dwelling on skiing 31 years without an injury (pretty much) and all the falls that should have probably sidelined me.


the old way of putting on sox
the new way of putting on sox


Whether it was the rowing or straining to put on my socks and underwear without using my crutch as a third hand* yesterday I had a pain I didn't like**.  I'm sure the bone isn't floating around or the pins aren't loose, like I'm picturing, but just to be on the safe side I decided to wait a few days until rowing again. 

School is starting in a couple hours.  Sound with John Butler, whose claim to fame is that he was Mr Rogers sound guy, is from 11:50-4.


An outing. 
Less than 5 minutes from the time I left my living room bed, I was in the front seat of the car with my legs at 90 degrees which is way better than 10 minutes to the back seat of the car and my legs straight out in front of me like last time.  Vince grocery shopped and walked Max while I sat in the car blissfully staring at dirty snowbanks and reading a page or two of 'Documentary Storytelling' with the car window open.

For some reason I had to spell 'donut' in an email and it came up as misspelled...I hit spellcheck and it said told me it should be 'donuts'. 

*another thing that may not sound like much to you.
**involuntarily yelling

No comments:

Post a Comment