Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day 16.


For someone who NEVER speculates, I seem to be spending a lot of time lurking in online broken hip forums.*  I need to know how long I'll be sitting in a bed in the living room watching the groomer go by.   By the looks of things, based on information that really has nothing to do with me, I can look forward to some pool therapy at 3 to 4 weeks and riding an indoor bike trainer, with no pressure on the pedals, at about 4, maybe 5 weeks.  It's already been 2 weeks.

Noticeably better everyday, according to my speculation, which again really means nothing, I'm at the quick end of the recovery curve.  Today besides my PT, I took a shower, folded some laundry and sat in a chair...all which may not sound like much to you.

My owl timer lets me know when it's time to shut down the solitaire and do a few laps around the kitchen.


This situation is really testing my 'make every minute of every day count' philosophy of life.  I can't believe it's come to this but I've even played some online solitaire.  Even though I shut the solitaire window as soon as I heard Vince coming yesterday, it wasn't quick enough and he caught me playing.  I was so embarrassed.

I've been in touch with my professors.  School starts January 14...at least a month before I'll be able to go.  The general consensus is to 'do what we have to do' and they'll work with us.  First on the my schoolwork list is figuring out a documentary to replace the one I was scheduled to start filming December 23 (my accident = December 22) in Arizona.  I was thinking about doing something on my hip....calling it 'Christmas Break'.  Just kidding but isn't that a great title?  Vince is doing his on a local dog-sledding company


*of healthy broken hip victims my age and younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment