Friday, December 28, 2012

Day 7.

Looking out to the ski trail through the window by the toilet, I watched a group of skiers laughing and taking each others pictures with our house and view as the backdrop.   Normally I enjoy watching skiers stop to admire our setting but today it just made me feel sorry for myself.  Such a wimp.

When I thought I heard the groomer going by I plugged my ears.

Today when the home physical therapist moved my foot and I involuntarily screamed, she apologized then scolded me for not taking my pain meds.  After repeating herself a couple times, she moved on to plan B which was mostly walking.  With her behind me, arms outstretched as if she could catch me when I lost my balance, I gracefully circled the living room and kitchen.  Waaayyyy better than yesterday.....until by the stove, coming around the last turn, when I unfocused for just a second and out came the involuntary scream.  Shit.  It's no better than day 1!  I'm just better knowing how to avoid aggravating whatever is going on.  My progress is fake.  Hmmm.  Maybe I should be a little less impatient.  The therapist told me how well I was doing and I think she meant it but then I couldn't help but think she is comparing me to her normal home PT broken hip patients who are probably about 20 years older than me.

Home Health came by and changed my dressing today.  Looks good.  Healing well.

My right thigh is swollen swollen (dah) so I almost can't bend the leg.  Doc said there is a lot of blood in there.

Today's therapy:
4 sets of a living room/kitchen lap and isometrics
read
iced lots
1 set of standing PT exercises.
read
cleaned the bathroom sink and toilet
sat in the chair x2
  

No comments:

Post a Comment