Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Day 46.

Quick progress report.

Vinny, the out-patient therapist from my knee replacements, was surprised when I showed up last week with a broken hip.  It's good to have someone familiar with my skeletal idiosyncrasies.

As soon as he realized I wasn't kidding about the hip, for old times sake, he measured the flexion in my knees.  My left knee was 137 degrees.  Drum roll please.  For him, a new record.  A surgeon friend says that anything over 130 is showing off so I was psyched until the therapist in the office next door said she'd had a patient with a 138.  An office record...but not for long.

Unfortunately, the right leg is still around 100.  You know what 90 degrees looks like.  100 is just a little more and not really enough to go upstairs or ride a bike correctly. :(

Other Things.
•Discharged from home health.
•Rode the my bike indoors for 54 minutes (or long enough to think I wouldn't be able to get off) while watching 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off'.
•Walked over to and on the ski trail.
•Drove to the post office.

Max finally loves his new dog ramp. (thank you Tashauna, Brenda and Dale, xoMax)

  






No comments:

Post a Comment