Monday, October 12, 2009

More Stuff I Didn't Know I Didn't Know




I'm not sure whether to blame the long night on the hot flashes or the gas but I hope Cinematography is interesting enough to keep me wide awake for 6 hours again today.

They don't fool around here....yesterday we watched our edited versions of the screenplay we shot last week. I can't believe I was actually able to piece together a movie with software that was unfamiliar to me a few days ago and it was no worse than anyone else's. In fact, I accidently sequenced a couple of clips that were worthy of a pat-on-the-back. The movie had a gripping premise....a man stalking a woman through the school that turned out to be the husband trying to surprise the wife for their anniversary. The husband followed the wife into the classroom where, not knowing who he was, she grabbed a stapler and stapled him in the chest. You want to see some bad acting???

Speaking of acting...I thought I was going to have to pretend to be interested during three hours of 'lighting'. How could they come up with three hours of information that I didn't already have...on lighting? The endorphins didn't kick in, but did you know that you can make the same person sitting in the same chair in the same room look wrinkled or cranky or sinister or young? Hollywood. It's all lighting.

Tomorrow....silent movies from the 20's...better get a good night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment