Saturday, April 28, 2012

Aerial Shots and Realtors

Vin's Film.
'The One Hundred Mile Diet' is the film Vince is working on for his Digital Media class.  It's a 10 minute short in his favorite genre, horror.  If there is a film community in Craftsbury, we haven't found it.  Vince posted audition announcements at the local college.  7 pm on Wednesday.  Simpson Hall.  We planned to get there a few minutes early to get set up.  Vin had printed out several scripts, synopsis' and outlines for the group.  We parked and Vin realized he's forgotten his yellow notebook.  I 'ran' to the Hall to organize the auditionees while Vin sped back to the house to get the notebook.  Breathless, he burst into the hall, notebook in hand, where I was the only person.  We waited 15 minutes, admitted defeat and left.  Skunked.  Later we found out there had been a water dowsing workshop on campus at the same time.  Standing room only.
Rewriting.  Swapping out the three kids for the Grandmother within the confines of the newly constructed set-wall.
Vince convinced himself (and tried to convince me) that he needed aerial shots.  See the camera?  That thing flies.
Of course Vince would write a script that had to be shot at night.



So, Vince had this great script and no actors.  He needed two or three kids and three adults.  He somehow managed to round up the three adults.  I volunteered myself at the last minute to take the place of the three kids by playing a cranky, senile Grandmother.  (Not sure how that makes me feel even though it was my idea)  With peppermint/tea tree Uncle Roy Foot Powder in my hair, my cane, temporary limp and new knees, I was pretty convincing. 
I took the place of three children in Vince's film.



More School.
Did I tell you about the Film MFA Program in Ohio?  The one we got in to and had to accept or reject by April 24? 

Writing.
So far my NPR 'Three Minute Fiction' piece hasn't made it to the NPR website as one of the favorites.  When the judges are done reading the 6,000 submissions in a few weeks, they'll choose a winner so I still have a chance.  Vince thinks I'll win, isn't that sweet?

Eating.
Went to Russell and Janet's for supper tonight.  Janet is 89 and Russell is 86.  We talked about a lot of different things.  Like, Janet needing a new bike, one that's easier for her to lift to the bike rack on the back of the car than the one she has now.

House.
When I asked the realtor in Athens, Ohio how old the roof on a particular house was she said, "probably not real old".
When I asked her about the age of the furnace she said, "not real old and not real new".
When I asked her about what utilities bills ran a month she said, "probably not too much".
Now there is someone I could really trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment