Tuesday, December 29, 2009

POOF...a roof







It all started way back in August and then we waited for 10 degree weather to finish it like we usually do.

ROOF RECAP
Looking up from my chair by the wood-stove I see,

• 4" x 12" structurally rated local doug fir beams on 4' centers
covered by
• 2" x 6" local ponderosa pine 'v' groove decking

and if I had x-ray vision, I would be able to see

• 5/8" plywood glued and screwed
covered by a
• 2" x 8" local spruce framework on 16" centers
with 6 " of high density foam in between yielding a whooping R45
and then
• 5/8" plywood
wait, we're not done until after the
• ice and water shield
and finally, weighing in at 2000 pounds...20 gauge
• 7/8 x 2" cold rolled corrugated steel

So. It's not just a roof...it a ROOF

Make sure you notice BC's Lone Mountain in the background (actually BC shares it with Vin and me).
Our sweet little summer house (tent) is sits demurely in one of the photos too.

No comments:

Post a Comment