Thursday, November 5, 2009

Hair For Sale






Last Friday, I donated my hair. I think that may have even counted as doing something for someone beside myself??
Nelson's 'Locks of Love' festival was on Saturday and they were looking for ponytails that were at least 8" long. I'd been wanting to find a good home for mine and finally found a salon that was hip to the 'walk-in' concept.

"if I just cut off your pony-tail, it's free," she told me.
I wanted a reason to pay her, "Well I need my bangs cut too."
"Bangs are free."
"What else is free?"
"There are mints on the counter."
That's some business model.
I had decided to grow my hair in order to donate it and decided at about 4" that I wouldn't be doing it again. Life is too short. IF I took the time to brush it, it would take half an hour which is a really significant part of my day.....so I just didn't bother. Living in a tent and having a sensitive scalp were good reasons to ignore it. One day I had it washed, combed and braided at 'Chris Cuts' in Metaling Falls. She yanked for about 55 minutes, which wasn't fun for either of us, but I walked out with a braid that lasted over 2 weeks. I tried to schedule another painful braid but Chris wouldn't return my calls.

School.
Guess who finished their screenwriting exam first yesterday? It was close between Rob and me but I edged him out mostly because he wasn't racing and I was closer to the professor's desk. The editing mid-term was today. I got creamed. FInished last by 2 seconds. Guess editing is not my event.

This film program is going to make a man out of me. I just finished my first day of shooting and I feel like I just finished the Hawaii Ironman. The learning curve I was so proud of is leveling out. I'm worried that it may even be upside down. Vince was theoretically my assistant although an observer would have been sure it was the other way around. Thankfully his learning curve is as steep as ever. Anyway. I now have 4 hours of footage ending with a 3 tiered organic polka dotted birthday cake. "I'll find my story in the editing bay" as they say in the business.

I fell asleep during the Film Studies lecture again this week. Front row. Lights on. I fought it as long as I could but in the end my head was bobbing as helplessly as last week.

More.
We got the sweetest little refrigerator today. I'll look better without the protective blue plastic.

Max has diarrhea :(

No comments:

Post a Comment